Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Linda's Mini Residency at Fair Oaks January 22nd, 2012

Collins  Field in Winter Rye
9x12 inches
acrylic on birch panel

Field Three
5x7 inches
acrylic on canvas

Rim of the Dry Pond
Henry surveys his world of Fair Oaks

Notes From my Residency Journal

I was lucky to get back to Fair Oaks today to have another mini residency. I painted in two locations today and enjoyed it so much. Henry rides in the golf cart with me. We explore Fair oaks first and then decide where to paint. This morning I painted the winter rye at Collins Field. It is just starting to green up the field with the impossible winter color of emerald green. It is so startling to see it with the back drop of gray, smoky blue and rust colors of winter. We broke for lunch with the team that runs Fair Oaks. It was a nice day so we ate alfresco, my favorite way to lunch there. Mark made deer burgers and rosemary cheese sausage which were so delicious!!

The Knellinger dogs played with Henry and we all had a wonderful visit. There is always lots of fun teasing back and forth and I'm so happy to be there. It is a luxury to spend the day at my favorite place in the world. After lunch I went up to the house to see new paintings by Mr Jake Glisson, who is a well known painter in Florida. He has also written several books about his adventures in Florida. He is an interesting man and a very fine painter. I met him once at Fair Oaks and found him to be gracious and entertaining. Rick knows the most interesting people. I never know what interesting opportunity will show itself at Fair Oaks. It is not simply a place as much as it is a state of mind. I'm trying to convince the Fair Oaks gang to do a play on the stage there in February, while Mary Jane and I have our week long residency. Wouldn't that be great fun? As much as I love the other residencies I do, it is always my greatest joy to return to Fair Oaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment