Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Canaveral National Seashore

30x30 inches
acrylic on birch panel
espresso frame

Notes From My Residency Journal

This is a favorite place for me inside the National Seashore. It is in the north entrance to the park down at the end  on the point. The dunes were colorful in January and these red flowers were so pretty.

 During the residency, we explored the south entrance to the National Seashore adjacent to the Merritt Island National Wildlife Preserve. The south National Seashore is wonderful and much less traveled by tourists. It has more of a local flavor. There are many fishermen there who are friendly and willing to give you advice about how to find cool places. This year for the paint out, I will spend most of my time there. The Sea Grapes are especially nice in the south park.

Linda Blondheim

No comments:

Post a Comment