Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Painting After the Residency



Notes From My Residency

Now the real work begins, back in my studio from reference photos. Now I can work in my comfort zone, using all of the photos I took at various sites for a week. I will use the notes and research I did for each of the sites visited. I think of the actual residency as a research project, doing most of the painting after the trip in my studio. I did manage to finish eight paintings in St Augustine and nearby sites. Now I will do some larger format paintings as well as studies about the project in the months to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment