Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Butler Park- Crescent Beach


Butler Park

Notes From my Residency Journal

This is the second painting I have done of Butler Park. It is a lovely and quiet county park in Crescent Beach, right off A1A. There is a nice boat ramp and large parking lot. Covered pavilions with tables are scattered under large shade trees and there is a bathroom with indoor plumbing as well. It faces the river, so there are lots of water and wading birds in the canal and the river. It is a  great place to photograph or to paint. I saw no place to pay fees so I believe it must be free with no boat ramp or park fees.

No comments:

Post a Comment