Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

My First Fairy Houses













These are  houses I built yesterday in my painting studio. The top is a clay flower pot and the second is an old strawberry flower pot turned upside down. I used pine bark for the roof shingles. To put texture on the bottom pot, I used paper towel pieces dipped in paint and glue and smoothed them onto the pot.  I like the idea of the clay pots, as they will last indefinitely and I can replace the roof and awnings as they degrade. I will seal them with varnish to help the paint last a bit longer, but as they age, they will begin to blend into the landscape. Hopefully moss and lichens will attach to them as well. I have painted them with neutral purples,blues and grays with just a bit of color here and there on trim. I have seen fairy houses that are bright colors but I don't like them. I want them to look as natural as possible. When I get them on site, I will add paths and ornaments of nuts,berries and dried leaves to make them welcoming for our fairy friends at
 Fair Oaks. I will make a Popsicle easel and do a tiny painting as decoration.

I'm going to be making some of the houses to put in my loft studio as well.  More houses to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment