Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

Monday, July 30, 2012

After the Residency

Crystal River State Park


Notes From My Residency Journal

My residency really begins after the actual trip. Now after I've unpacked my bags, cleaned my equipment and stored it, I have the time to think about what I learned.

These residencies are not about hanging around for a vacation in someone's home. They are an opportunity and a responsibility to educate myself and to promote the beauty and history of the beautiful places I travel to. They are a privilege that I take seriously. I have the great fortune of showing off Florida to my friends, collectors, and many visitors to my loft studio throughout the year.  Art and nature are intertwined in my life and this opportunity must not be squandered. These residencies are vital to my work and they allow me to discover so much about Florida I never knew.

After the Olympics I will begin to study the photos from this residency and begin the serious work of painting. More to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment