Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Mini Residency At Fair Oaks 08/19/12

Trees off Field One


Pond Oak

Holy Ground Field


Notes From My Residency Journal

I enjoyed a pleasant morning at Fair Oaks, first sharing a great cup of coffee and chatting with Rick and his Fair Oaks staff and then off in the woods just off field one. I chose a simple scene of trees along the path. Loving trees, I am always drawn to them. It surprises me how much visitors to my loft studio enjoy the simple paintings of trees that I do. They are not as exotic as the coastal paintings I do, but they have the quiet beauty of the woods I grew up in.

As I heard the lunch bell ring it began to rain so my gear got wet, but will dry out. Luckily, My painting made it safe and sound to Leroy. We had two kinds of quiche for lunch, collard/sausage/cheddar and swiss/ham/bacon.  I like to bake, but am not supposed to eat a lot of what I bake, so Rick's office staff and Fair Oaks staff are thankfully willing to be guinea pigs for my baking hobby.

As I walked out after lunch to think about where to paint, the sky opened up again so I packed Leroy up and headed for home.


Here is my Collard Quiche Recipe

4 eggs
2 cups half and half
3 cups shredded  cheddar cheese
4 pre-cooked Maple sausage patties chopped
1/4 onion diced
pinch of dried thyme leaves
1 teaspoon Country Dijon mustard
2 T corn starch mixed with a little half and half to make smooth
salt and pepper
1/2 carrot shredded
1 T butter
1 cup chopped collard greens ( I use frozen )

Saute collards onions and sausage just until wilted. Set aside. Beat eggs with H&H and Cornstarch. Add mustard and seasonings. Line a pie pan with crust and crimp the edges. Mix sausage collards mixture and shredded cheese, filling the pie crust. Preheat oven to 300. Pour custard mixture over the pie ingredients and make sure the cheese mixture is pushed down into the liquid. Bake on a sheet pan until quiche is golden brown and firm in the middle. Cool on a cake rack and then cut and serve. The quiche freezes well and can be refrigerated and reheated.

No comments:

Post a Comment