Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

Friday, September 14, 2012

St Augustine Residency Day 5


Princess Place Preserve

Parks & Preserves
Location: 2500 Princess Place Rd. 
Palm Coast, FL 
Amenities: Campfire Rings, Camping - Equestrian, Camping - Group, Camping - Primitive, Canoe / Kayak Launch, Canoeing & Kayaking, Fishing, Hiking / Nature Trail, Historic Site, Horse / Equestrian Trail, Interpretive Exhibit, Pets, Picnic Pavilion, Restroom Facilities, Weddings, and Wildlife Viewing
Maps: Google | MapQuest | Bing | Yahoo!
Hours: 7am to 6pm Monday - Sunday
Lodge Tours Friday - Sun at 2pm.
Camping check-in is 4:30 to 5:30pm at the Ranger's station .
Contact Phone: 386 313-4020
Cost: Free


Notes From My Residency Journal

 Condo Dunes
9x12
Sorry for the glare on the right side of the painting.


 Road to Princess Place
Marshes at Princess Place

After bacon and eggs at the Oasis, I headed south to Princess Place (See above for Park information). I  visited this park about 7 years ago with a painting group. it is an interesting place with a history. You can still see the swimming pool and it is pretty cool that it was owned by a princess. The marshes are quite lovely there.It is a great hiking location with lots of trails. The lodge is very pretty and offers a wonderful view of the marshes. The first time I was there I saw wild boars, but nothing today. Now I'm back to painting on the patio. This afternoon I'm going to be painting some miniatures of the dunes.

 From the Flagler County Web site: This beautiful 1,500-acre preserve situated in the northern part of Flagler County was purchased by Henry Cutting in 1886 and passed on to his widow Angela Mills Cutting Worden, who eventually married Boris Scherbatoff, an exiled Russian prince. Angela assumed the title of princess and it was then that the once named "Cherokee Grove" came to be known as "Princess Place.

The original lodge built by Henry Cutting stills stands as Flagler County's oldest intact structure.  Also on-site is Florida's very first in-ground swimming pool.


No comments:

Post a Comment