Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

Friday, October 26, 2012

Canaveral Seashore Paint Out Day 7

Notes From My Residency Journal
Last night was the Sunset Paint Out at JB's Fish Camp. I always enjoy that so much. The wind was bad, so I set up my box on top of a big trash can and went to work. People stroll up and down the dock to watch us paint, so it is a bit like a carnival. They give us a big discount on our dinner, so that is nice too. I had a fried shrimp dinner with hush puppies fries and slaw. Yummy!.

No photos today because the wind is too strong to hold the camera. WOW!! We are being hammered by tropical storm Sandy. Yesterday was tough because I had to do a demo on the beach. Today is completely wild. There is no way I could work on the beach today.

I started out this morning with breakfast at C's Beachside Diner. It just opened and happily, it is right across A1A from my condo. It has everything from an extensive breakfast menu to soup,salad,burgers,and meatloaf. The interior is quite nice, though it could use a couple of my paintings on the wall. ;-) It has a clean contemporary decor with neutrals and dark tables and chairs. I liked it. Each table has a vase filled with coffee beans and nice colorful flowers, a nice touch. There is also outdoor seating on the patio, though no one in their right mind would do that today. My server, Melissa was friendly and very efficient. She was knowledgeable about the menu too, well trained. The coffee was fresh and good. The food was ample and hot. She was willing to make a substitution of sliced tomatoes instead of toast for me. I enjoyed crisp good hash browns with eggs and corned beef hash. I met the owner who was very friendly and nice. A nice bonus to have him come out to greet me. They only issue I found was the selection of music.It was a bit young and rock and roll for a restaurant in a community with so many senior citizens. I think a smooth jazz station would have been a better choice.  The restaurant gets an A+ from me. It is located at 4166 S Atlantic Avenue and the phone number is 386.663.3915

I headed on over to the Eldora House and set up my paint box, doing an 11x14 painting with palette knife this time, on the back porch. it was quite windy so I made a headband out of two tiny bungee cords to keep the hair out of my face. I actually enjoyed it. I have one last canvas to do a nocturnal of the swimming pool tonight.

They are moving the event to the new visitor's center today, so I had to pick up all of my paintings. I'm waiting to find out when I should deliver them. I do hope people will make the effort to come out and support us, even in this weather. We have worked in terrible conditions for the last two days and the committee has had so much to deal with.  I am hoping for the best. Painting in a tropical storm is a new experience and one I won't soon forget. It is all very exciting. More to come.......

No comments:

Post a Comment