Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

An Amazing Day at Fair Oaks

Notes From My Residency Journal

It is rare that I have time to go to Fair Oaks twice in one week. Today I rode out with my pal Mary Jane Volkman, who now lives most of the year in Germany. She is home for the holidays so we found the time to go to our favorite place.

Today we didn't want to paint. We took our cameras and stopped first in the old house, discovering the stash of chocolate bars. We made hot tea and took a cup with us out to the fields of gold and light while enjoying our chocolate treat. We saw a variety of birds, including Cedar Waxwings, a group of mystery birds we think were birds of prey, a beautiful Great Blue Heron and Sandhill Cranes.

We took lots of wonderful photos,and wandered leisurely around the estate, feeling great joy in the experience.

Our last stop was a trip to the citrus grove where we feasted on tangerines. Sweet and tart. Marvelous!!

We explored all of my favorite secret places and beautiful Fish Prairie. Enjoy these photos of my favorite place in the world.

Cypress on the Pond

In Front of the Pond

The Woods Behind Holy Ground Field

The Glorious Oak in Field Three

The Grove

No comments:

Post a Comment