Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Fair Oaks Residency- Day 5

I finished this painting this afternoon. There is a glare on the right side so it looks washed out.

Mark's Seasaw
Mark, who was farm manager for Fair Oaks built this giant seasaw. I had the pleasure of riding on it with Mark about two years ago.

This is the reference for the painting I started today. I love this scene and have been wanting to paint it for some time.

Notes From My Residency Journal

This morning I went down to Pearl Country Store for breakfast and enjoyed bacon and eggs cooked just right, with grits. I love their grits. They are buttery and flavorful, without lumps. 

On the way back to Fair Oaks I saw a Brown Thrush. They are such pretty birds. One of my favorite things about Fair Oaks is the wonderful bird population. I see them everywhere and there are many kinds to enjoy. There are two resident Sandhill Cranes who live here year round. I often see them out in the fields and they are always together. 

Most of my morning was spent varnishing paintings which hang in my host's office. It was a real pleasure to do this. When you varnish long dry paintings, the color and richness comes out as if by magic. It is like looking at a new painting for the first time. I always tell my collectors to bring the painting back after a year so I can varnish it for them. Oil paintings should dry for a year before the final varnish is applied.

After lunch, I went for a nice cart ride around the fields. This is the best part of being here for me. I never tire of the pleasure and I almost always find some little hideaway that I've not noticed before.


No comments:

Post a Comment