Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

Friday, February 22, 2013

Residency at Fair Oaks- Day 6

Notes From My Residency Journal

I'm working on my last painting of this week, so I will show it to you tomorrow.

One of the things I love about Fair Oaks are the hidey places around the fields and on Fish Prairie. This lane is one of my favorite places. It's not very long but very pretty. A big tree came down awhile ago and blocked it but some nice fellow at Fair Oaks removed the blockage. There is just enough room now for me to get the cart past the upturned roots. I tried it today and made it with no worries. There are massive trees everywhere here and many of them have names. One of the trees that went down was a Hackberry tree which we called the elbow tree. It had a strange shape like an arm bent at the elbow. Fish Prairie is full of hidey places, with beautiful trails cut through it by my wonderful friends here. This place is a landscape painter's dream.

Last night  Rick took me to an Italian restaurant just down the road. I always enjoy going there with him. The food is quite good and not the usual fare for most Italian places. I had clams in marinara sauce and he had baked Tilapia. The Tiramisu for dessert sounded wonderful but I was good and passed it up. 

I spent most of the day with Louis Armstrong up in the studio working on my 18x24 painting. I sure am going to miss staying here. On Sunday I must pack and leave this beautiful place after lunch. I'll be back on Sundays between travels. I have to have my regular Fair Oaks fix.

No comments:

Post a Comment