Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

Monday, April 29, 2013

Mini Residency at Fair Oaks - April 28th


Notes From My Residency Journal

I headed for Fair Oaks after many weeks of travel. Evinston is awash in wild flowers this week. I saw masses of Black Eyed Susans, Flox, and White Poppies. Fair Oaks is in bloom with Spider Wort as you can see in my painting. 

I was greeted by my canine friends Buddy and Shane and by Beau, a sturdy Black Labrador who is visiting at Fair Oaks. Beau is very sweet and friendly and he seemed to be very grateful to be part of the gang at Fair oaks, as I am.

I headed out to the fields in my favorite blue golf cart and settled in for a while to paint.  Soon a shower came so I packed up and headed for the studio, my favorite place at Fair Oaks. Naturally, as soon as I got set up in the studio to paint the rain stopped and the sun came out. No matter, I enjoyed the studio.

Euan came to collect me for lunch and we enjoyed his homemade chicken fajitas and a lovely fruit salad, followed by fruit cobbler with whipped cream. Yummy!! My day got better by the minute. I went back to the studio, happy and content with life to finish the above painting about 4:15 PM. After a bit of clean up, I headed for my own studio, always reluctant to leave my favorite place in the world, Fair Oaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment