Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

Monday, April 29, 2013

Some Information about Horseshoe Beach



Notes From My Residency Journal

The above Horseshoe Beach link will take to you a page that has all kinds of information about Horseshoe Beach, the little coastal town next to Bird Island. It is well worth exploring. The Horseshoe Beach Cafe was especially good, with fresh seafood right on the water. Neeleys Shrimp Company on the way into Horseshoe Beach from Cross City has excellent fresh seafood too. Scroll all the way down the page to see everything. My friend at HB, Rob, told me that the full time residents number about 130, and the winter residents swell the number to about 250. It is a charming, friendly little town and the views are beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment