Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

Monday, May 6, 2013

Day 1 St Augustine Residency


Back Yard Views from Chad and Sarah's Condo

Notes From My Residency Journal

I am thrilled to be typing this from Chad and Sarah's Condo in beautiful St Augustine Beach. I'm unpacked and my painting gear is on their back patio, waiting for 5 PM to start my first painting. I've already seen a White Egret and Brown Pelicans from the patio. I can't describe how much I love this residency. Their condo is spotless and professionally decorated, with original paintings, of which several are mine. I'm thrilled about that. It is like visiting old friends and the memories of that painting experience come back to me.

  The beach is just a few steps away and I will surely enjoy that every evening after the sun abates. I try to be careful about too much sun as I have spent most of my life outside. This is a very comfortable home, casual and beautiful. It has everything a guest could want, 2 bedrooms and two baths, a fully stocked kitchen, and a spacious living dining area. The scenery is beautiful and the complex is beautifully and meticulously cared for. I will take a nice walk tonight after dinner and enjoy the sea.

I'll paint tonight and then head down the coast tomorrow to the Flagler area. I want to stop in and visit with a collector who lives in that area. I'll do a lot of picture taking this year with my new IPad camera, which takes marvelous photos. Yippee!! I'm going to be working on a lot of small paintings this time, studying the mangroves, the water, and the waves. 

Thank you Chad and Sarah for this wonderful residency!!

No comments:

Post a Comment