Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Fair Oaks Mini Residency - September 22, 2013

www.lindablondheim.com

Notes From My Residency Journal

I had a swell day at Fair Oaks. It was overcast and cooler. This was the first time I have been able to paint out in the fields since June and I enjoyed it so much.  After my painting was finished, I took a ride around the fields before lunch. I am seeing wonderful color now from hundreds of wild flowers and in the grasses, pink,purple, gold and wheat. The dogweed is taller than I am. It is thrilling to bounce along in my favorite blue golf cart through the tall grasses. The bugs fly by, the seeds and sand spurs ride along with me. I have a marvelous time.  When I get back the golf cart is full of plant chaf and spots of paint. What an adventure! That cart has been my friend for a long time now. 


We had visitors for lunch and I enjoyed spending time with lovely Anna and her charming mother as well as two other guests and Mark and Scotty.

Anna and her mother were the chefs for lunch, and I was in the clean up crew. We enjoyed lunch down at the pavilion by the pond. A thoroughly pleasant was to spend time together. 

I travel to a lot of wonderful places as a painter. None are like Fair Oaks. It is the best place I've ever been. I headed home smiling with happy memories of another day in paradise. 



No comments:

Post a Comment