Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Fair Oaks Mini Residency- October 27, 2013

Flowers on Fish Prairie

Path Between Fields

Notes From My Residency Journal

Today I came to Fair Oaks with my pal Mary Jane Volkmann. We were reconing the estate and Fish Prairie for next weekend's first Invitational Painting  Retreat. We owe it all to Fair Oaks, Paddiwhack Gallery, Gamblin Artists Paints, French Canvas, and Claudia Ballard. 

This is a special privilege for painters and I'm very excited!

We spent the morning exploring and taking reference photos. This was my first trip out on the prairie since May. It was great to be back on the trails. They were in pretty good shape. There were a few paths blocked by trees, but most were easy to navigate. The prairie was full of beautiful yellow flowers, blooming everywhere. 

We had a fabulous lunch of turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy and corn. Super good, topped off with famous Fair Oaks iced tea. Thank you Mark, our chef for the day.

The weather was perfect and the company too. 

Another delightful day at my favorite place in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment