Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Fair Oaks Mini Residency- November 10, 2013




Notes From My Residency Journal

I arrived early today at Fair Oaks. I needed to collect the paintings left in the studio by the retreat painters last weekend. They will hang at Paddiwhack Gallery through January 2.

It was wonderful to be out in the fields listening to the crows and hawks, busy with breakfast. I set up my paint box in the shade and painted the row of trees in front of the pond. I needed to do another painting to hang with the others from the retreat. 

It was lovely to take my time and enjoy the process of painting in a leisurely fashion. When I finished my painting I put my gear way and headed out with my friend Anna to take photos and enjoy the beautiful day, while Mark cooked lunch. I wanted to show Anna the beautiful yellow flowers blooming on Fish Prairie, but most of them are gone. Just a few blooms scattered around now. The peaked two weeks ago. Like many wonderful things they are fleeting.

Lunch was served, a wonderful salad with lots of crunchy nuts,fruits and veges, smoked sausage, hot veges with chocolate cake and Ice cream for dessert! Yummy!

I've been asked to do Mark and Anna's wedding cakes in May. I'm so honored!


 
Pond Trees
9x12 inches
Oil on panel



2 comments: