Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Mini Residency at Fair Oaks- November 24, 2013


East Hay Field Tree
5x7 inches
oil on canvas panel

Notes From My Residency Journal

Fair Oaks was cold, overcast and windy when Henry and I arrived. It was his first day back at Fair Oaks since last spring and he was thrilled to be back, riding shotgun in the golf cart. We parked out in the middle of the East Hay Field to paint the big trees. It was so cold that Henry began to shiver, so I walked him back to Leroy and let him take a good nap for a few hours. He is a perfect car dog and happy to sleep while I paint as long as the weather is cool. 

I worked on two paintings, finishing one. I really enjoyed the painting time and the subtle wintery colors.  Anna found me after I packed up my paint box and we headed for the cottage to warm up and beg for a cup of hot coffee. I was surprised to find Kate Barnes waiting for us. Kate is a force of nature! She is a renaissance woman of many skills, an exceptional professional writer, painter, former politician and story teller.  She captures the crowd wherever she goes. I was tired from a very long hard week and I was content to sit and listen to the conversation and her fine stories. 

A favorite scene at Fair Oaks.


Our host prepared a fine meal for lunch. A marvelous turkey salad, mashed potatoes, a lovely big salad and the pound cake that Kate brought for dessert. We had Fair Oaks iced tea, which is the best iced tea I've ever had!

Replete with good food and conversation, I headed out with Henry in sunshine that had arrived while we enjoyed lunch. We explored all of our favorite places and the magic time of light arrived just in time for some great photos.

Mark and Henry have their own version of catch. Mark throws the stick and Henry drops it and runs in the opposite direction. 




Field Three is in all of its glory now, with all of the luscious colors of winter. I know where I will be painting the next lucky day I come back to my beloved Fair Oaks. After a bit of play time for Henry with his pals Buddy and Shane, we were off to our own barn with happy memories of another day in paradise. 




No comments:

Post a Comment