Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Mini Residency in My Own Yard- December 1

My Yard
8x10 inches
oil on panel
http:// www.lindablondheim.com

Notes From My Residency Journal

Fair Oaks is closed one weekend each year so I stayed at my painting studio for the day. It happens to be located in the woods, north west of Gainesville Florida.  I've been painting in my studio yard every fall for about 20 years. I always paint with my dog Henry with me. It is a tradition for me. My last dog Anchor enjoyed it too. Henry likes to snuffle around in the leaves and roll around, covering himself with dirt and leaves and then shaking like mad. Naturally some of the chaff lands on my wet painting. I consider it to be added texture. 

I started painting about 4:20, really too late for good light to last. By 5:00 most of the light was fading. Next time I'll start at 3:00 PM 
Good times to remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment