Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Fair Oaks Mini Residency

http://www.lindablondheim.com

Notes From My Residency Journal

Today was topsy turvey  in weather.  I left my studio for Fair Oaks in sunshine and mild temperature. When I arrived the weather changed to cold and dark almost immediately. I shivered through the above painting until the rain arrived, sending me scurrying upstairs to the cozy studio. 

Lunch arrived from Blue Highway and we enjoyed flatbread sandwiches and salad and then carrot cake for dessert. Yummy! Suddenly the storm was gone and the sun revealed a splendid afternoon for painting.
Linda

Harold

Margaret

Kay

Pat

Betty

At 2 PM my mentor students began to arrive and we sorted ourselves out. They set up to paint all around and I went back and forth to enjoy watching their lovely paintings develop. At 4:30 PM we packed up and showed off the paintings to each other.  It was a wonderful day and I'm very grateful to the staff at Fair Oaks for making the adventure possible for me and my friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment