Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Fair Oaks Residency- Day 5

Palms
8x10 inches
Oil on panel


East Hay Field
12x12 inches
Oil on canvas

Notes From My Residency Journal

The fair weather is over for a couple of days. I struggled to get two paintings despite the dreary day. Tomorrow I will paint upstairs and stay warm.  I have a large seascape painting waiting for me, and the studio has heat and a nice radio. A wonderful place to hang around in to paint. I love the old house. It is charming and cozy. It always feels like home for me. 

Today was dark and atmospheric, always a challenge to me. Some painters love that look but I am a high contrast painter by nature, and I like a warm palette. The cool grays, blues and greens are harder. This climate is good for me because I must paint out of my comfort zone. I love the challenge. 

It is already mid week. Where does the time go? 

No comments:

Post a Comment