Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

Monday, February 10, 2014

Fair Oaks Residency February 9-16

Notes From My Residency Journal



The Barn

At last, paradise for a whole week.  I'm sitting at the picnic bench in the yard, next to the old barn. I have had two spectacular days of painting. This is the climate that we Floridians suffer through long hot summers to receive as a reward. It was cool enough for a sweater and the light was spectacular all day. I will take some photos of my paintings to post for you. I have had good production so far with two paintings a day. 


My habit at this residency is to do one painting in the morning and one in the afternoon. I take a break for an hour mid day to wait for the afternoon light. Four-six PM is the magic time here and that gets later as the spring arrives. As long as the weather holds, I'll be painting outside. If it changes I'll be up in the studio working on my new big wave painting.

It sure is nice to have Buddy and Shane with me each day. I leave Henry at home. He is not an outdoor dog and I am here to work. I worry that he might get lost. 

I've been listening to and watching the cranes prepare for migration. They have been circling up all day. I love their calls. I saw 4 Kites today and the Kingfishers were diving for fish at the little pond
late yesterday.

When I arrive at Fair Oaks in February each year, I leave all of my stress behind me. I have no desire for anything except emersing myself in its culture and beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment