Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Fair Oaks Residency Saturday

Huge full moon rising on Friday night.

Homemade Walking Sticks

Notes From My Residency Journal

I started the day upstairs in the studio working on an 18x24 canvas today. I wanted to leave the cart for the staff to use. They have begun to plant the trees that arrived earlier in the week. I always enjoy the studio upstairs. There is also an upstairs porch, sunny and welcoming on a cold day like this one. 

The lunch bell rang and I joined the staff for BBQ chicken, ribs, cole slaw baked beans and then pie for dessert. Wow! What a feast.  I found out there is a new golf cart coming to replace old blue. I won't come near it with my messy paints, but it will free up the one I use now more often, so I am thrilled! The cart I use has a little metal plate on it with #55. I will call it that.  It runs great and is practically new looking now that the seat holes are covered. 

Tomorrow I will clean the house, pack my car and head for my own studio after lunch. I can't tell you how much I will miss my time here this week. It has been a spectacular residency!

I will be moving to a new studio space with Paddiwhack Gallery in the next two weeks. It will  be difficult to leave my current cozy space, but who knows, the new one may be even better.

More adventures to come from paradise.


No comments:

Post a Comment