Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Fair Oaks Residency Wrap Up

Holy Ground Field
20x24 inches
Oil on canvas

Notes From My Residency Journal

I was treated to a marvelous dinner at The Yearling Restaurant by my kind host on Saturday night. What a treat and it was such a pleasant evening with the Fair Oaks staff and friends. 

Today was beautiful, cool but not cold with lots of sun. I finished the above painting, started on Saturday out in the field, up in the studio and then gradually packed Leroy. I also enjoyed sitting out on the upstairs porch in the warm sun. 

Lunch was served alfresco in the covered pavilion down by the little pond. The views were lovely and we enjoyed sandwiches and salad from Blue Highway. It is one of my favorite places to eat. I have been thoroughly spoiled with outstanding hospitality for an entire week. After lunch I said my goodbyes with regret and headed for my studio with fond memories. 

I am announcing a studio move this week. I will give you the details shortly. I will be moving with Paddiwhack Gallery to a new space in the next two weeks. I will no longer be in a loft space so the studio will be more convenient for everyone with no stairs.  


No comments:

Post a Comment