Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Fair Oaks Mini Residency - March 30, 2014

East Hay Field
5x7 inches
Oil on panel

Notes From my Residency Journal

I was quite productive today, finishing four small paintings in the east hay field. During the rain season, it is the only field dry enough to paint in. Luckily, I love painting there. There are lots of tall pines and big live oaks as well as cabbage palms so there is plenty to paint. 

The day was exceptionally lovely and cool. I wore my hoodie all day and was very comfortable all day. This is the painting weather all outdoor painters wish for and we seldom get this lucky. 

Lunch was delicious, BBQ chicken with green beans and tots. Yummy. I finished my last painting around 4 PM and headed for the coffee machine first and then the picnic table to read email. 



At 6 PM we started a lovely party for a birthday/anniversary for Magda and Sebastian. We enjoyed steak, baked sweet potatoes, grilled goat cheese stuffed tomatoes, and crudités as a pre-dinner snack. We had two huge cakes and ice cream for dessert. We were entertained by a young violinist who played very well indeed. One of the perks of being part of the Fair Oaks family is being invited to attend the marvelous parties there. 


Lovely flowers from the Fair Oaks garden.


Chef Mark and Sebastian

The girls enjoy a chat.


After a fine day in paradise, I headed for home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment