Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Mini Residency-Fair Oaks March 16, 2014

My Mentor Students, Betty, Linda, Kay, Harold had to leave early. 

Red Top in the Fields

Notes From My Residency Journal

This was my monthly mentor day at Fair Oaks. My painting friends come once a month to paint around the fields and at 5 PM we gather in the pavilion to critique and discuss painting techniques and solutions. I managed to do three small paintings this morning before they arrived.

Spring arrived while I was away for two weeks. The Red Top is growing in the fields along with Spiderwort and tiny yellow flowers. The trees are wearing their mint green prom dresses, showing off their finery. The Dogwoods are lacy and delicate, scattered through the other trees. 

Buddy and Shane were feeling good and frisky on this lovely day, and greeted me with enthusiasm. 

Lunch was fabulous, BBQ chicken, spicy and delicious collard greens and cheesy mixed vegetables, topped off with rich and creamy chocolate ice cream.What a feast. My trip ended with a trip to Mark and Anna's house for a big planter he made for me to use as a herb garden. I got to see their chickens and Anna gave me a dozen fresh eggs. What a great day in paradise. 


No comments:

Post a Comment