Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

Friday, March 7, 2014

Wekiva Paint Out

I found a WIFI connection this morning so I'm reporting in from the Wekiva Paint Out in Apopka, FL. 
I had a definite plan for painting this year. This is my 8th Wekiva Paint Out so I have painted in every location at one time or another. 

I decided to paint the field of lovely pines behind my cabin for my week's body of work. It allowed me to take a relaxed pace and stay focused, as no one was around much. I did 14 paintings of the pines. Most enjoyable. It remains to be seen whether I sell at the Gala on Saturday night.  

We have been treated like royalty by the staff and owners of Wekiva Island. We have been fed every day and even been given a credit card for the bar for the duration. Amazing. These people are beyond kind and generous to us every year. I urge you to support Wekiva Island in Apopka. 

Camp life at Wekiva State Park is superb. My cabin has all the conveniences of a home. The view is marvelous of cabbage palms, scrub oaks, and majestic palms. Artists come and go with minimal scheduling. The evenings are entertaining with fun activities and plenty of food. Camp fires are part of the routine and art demos spring up impromptu during the week. 

Tonight is food truck Friday, always fun. I always get the lobster rolls. 

More to come after the gala.

No comments:

Post a Comment