Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Bird Island Residency Day 2

Notes From My Residency Journal

Just before sunset

Looking toward Horseshoe Beach

This morning I started my day with bacon and eggs for breakfast. I took my coffee out on the porch to enjoy the boats passing by.

I decided to start my first painting around 9 AM. No rush as I am on no schedule. The morning was lovely and I enjoyed doing this palm.

8x10 inches
Oil on canvas

After the painting, I took my first stroll of the day around the perimeter of the island. For lunch I made tuna salad and dipped it up with potato chips. Yummy.

After a bit of time, reading my Travis McGee novel, I got busy with this second painting of the day.
9x12 inches
Oil on panel

I love this view from the east end of the boardwalk toward other barrier islands distant. As I painted, the front began to move in, turning the weather cooler and overcast with a nippy wind. I moved to the porch to continue the painting. 

After I finished, I took another walk and now it is chilly and dark. I don't think I will get to watch the red ball fall into the sea tonight, but last night it was spectacular. That is one of the big highlights of a day at Bird Island. The sun looks huge and scarlet red as it quickly dips into the sea. 
Another wonderful day at Bird Island, thanks to the Nelms family.






No comments:

Post a Comment