Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Mini Residency at Fair Oaks April 20, 2014

Mark Anna and James talk about the upcoming wedding at Fair Oaks


The flowers are blooming under the trees this week.

Mentor student Margaret painted one of the fine old trees.

Mentor student Pat was ready to paint the pond roses.

Notes From My Residency Journal

I spent the morning painting in the East Hay Field. I am working on a painting in stages, so this was my second session. I have one more to go and then I'll show it to you finished. Just as I was about ready to clean up, Anna and friend James arrived in time for lunch. 

We wandered over to the big Live Oak with the swing where the wedding will be. I have never had a ride on the swing though it has always been there. Today I decided it was a good day to swing! Oh what a thrill it was! It is the best kind of swing. A single strong rope on a board, so you wrap your legs around the rope as you straddle the board. It goes in every direction. Mark, the strong man, pushed me high up into the tree. I've never enjoyed anything more. What freedom to be like a bird! Marvelous!

We enjoyed lunch of spaghetti with wonderful sausage and sauce with broccoli, fresh fruit and carrot cake. Chef Chris did a wonderful job. Just as I finished my slice of cake my two students arrived for an afternoon of painting. 

It was truly a swell day in paradise!




No comments:

Post a Comment