Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Fair Oaks Mini Residency - May 18, 2014

Sunflowers in front of the old shed
9x12 inches
Oil on panel

Notes From My Residency Journal

I was so very happy to have a day at Fair Oaks. I've not been there as much as I like due to other responsibilities. It was as perfect as Florida ever gets. The fields were full of early summer flowers, tiny and white with yellow centers, tall, like a blanket over the field. So lovely!  The first thing I noticed was a row of Sunflowers in front of the old shed and they drew me in like magnets. I spent the morning painting the scene. 

Lunch was from Blue Highway and delicious. I love their chicken and BBQ pizza and the marvelous salad. Our friend Sue Wood contributed a peach pie, so it was really a great lunch. 



My students arrived and I got them all settled in their favorite spots.  I spent the afternoon driving back and forth in the trusty golf cart, checking on their progress.  At 5:30 we gathered in the pavilion to look at the paintings and talk painting. It was a swell day in paradise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment