Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Fair Oaks Mini Residency- June 22

I finished this painting at the Fair Oaks studio today.

The Summer Grasses

Reference photo for my next 40x60 inch painting

Notes From My Residency Journal

I arrived today at Fair Oaks and met the newest staff member Becky. She is very sweet and is to take care of Buddy and Shane, my sweet canine friends. After a great cup of coffee, I headed out for a short trip around the fields to take some reference photos for a large painting to come. The grasses seeded out and turned a rusty color as they dried. The fields are a lovely rich green from the rainy season. The birds are everywhere as well as the insects. All is beautiful at Fair Oaks.

I headed upstairs to work on the above painting. I have 2 or three paintings in production at the Fair Oaks Studio most of the time. I start one in my painting studio and then take it to Fair Oaks on Sunday to continue on Sundays. It gives me time away from the paintings for a week so I can look at them with fresh eyes and new ideas the following week. 

The lunch bell rang and I headed to a delicious beef stew, vegetable and salad. Magda and Sebastian arrived and I'm always happy to spend time with them. I headed back up to the studio to finish my painting and then steared Leroy toward my own studio after a swell day in paradise. 


2 comments:

  1. Love your paintings!

    You may not be aware that the ads on the right overlap the paintings and distract from them. Perhaps that can be fixed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen,
      I need to resize the images to make them smaller. I usually do the blog from my IPad so it would be harder to do.
      Love,
      Linda

      Delete