Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

Sunday, June 8, 2014

Fair Oaks Mini Residency - June 8, 2014

Field Three Tree
18x24 inches
Oil on canvas

My Lovely Birthday Gift, Sunflowers From the Fair Oaks Garden. They came in a giant mason jar. So wonderful! I will paint them tomorrow. 


The East Hay Field. So lovely!

Notes From My Residency Journal

I spent the morning upstairs working on my painting above. I brought a roll of brown paper with me, and covered the work table, so I won't worry so much about getting paint on it. All of the tables in my own studio are covered with dabs of paint, a mess! I like to keep the Fair Oasks studio very tidy as other artists may paint there as I do. It is such a swell studio. I listen to NPR as I work, learning about the world. At lunch time I headed for the cottage. Mark made a savory chicken stew, served with Fair Oaks tea, biscuits and homemade marmalade.  I enjoyed a cup of coffee to finish off the meal. 

After lunch, I cleaned up my gear and headed out to the fields to take some photos and explore. They look so pretty with their tiny flowers and tall seed stems in the v shape they always take. They look like a giant V for victory rally, waving their signs in the breeze. It is hot but still fresh and green in early summer. We have not yet faced the heavy, dusty, oppressive heat of late August when color is faded and we are wilted from long hot endless seeming days. 

I looked at my watch and realized it was 4:30! Where did the day go? I headed Leroy and my happy sunflowers for my studio with fond memories of another day in paradise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment