Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Fair Oaks Mini Residency July 13

Pond Area
24x24 inches
Oil on canvas

Notes From My Residency Journal

My drive to Fair Oaks was hot and humid. Opening the door to the studio was like stepping into an oasis, cool and welcoming, thanks to the staff. I worked on completing the painting above all morning, listening to Bob Edwards interviewing authors and musicians, always interesting. 

The best experience of the day was lunch. We enjoyed the best BBQ pork sandwiches I've ever had. The buns were toasted with butter and the pork was tender and delicious! We had a lovely salad and mixed vegetables. Wonderful! Lunch is always special at Fair Oaks. I'm always offered an excellent cup of coffee at the end of the meal, a special treat! There is a wonderful sense of community via lunch at Fair Oaks. We sit around the table and discuss history, philosophy,culture, art, politics, anthropology, science, and world travel. I try to soak it in like a sponge. I am with people who know a great deal about the world. Most of them are highly educated and this country girl is lucky to be included in these elevated conversations. It is like being back in college, I look forward to it every week.

I puttered around the studio after lunch, starting a new painting, then cleaning up the space and heading home after another day in paradise. Thank you dear Fair Oaks friends for the privilege of being part of the culture of this remarkable place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment