Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Fair Oaks Mini Residency-September 14,2014

Marsh Clouds
8x10 inches
Oil on linen

Henry takes a drink
The late summer pond

Notes From My Residency Journal

Today was clear and sunny with spectacular clouds sailing  over the fields and the pond at Fair Oaks. Henry and I arrived to our blessedly cool studio, thanks to our thoughtful host. Leroy is not air conditioned, so walking into a cool studio is glorious after that long drive. 

Today I worked on a small oil painting on linen first and then started a larger oil on canvas, which I will work on for a few weeks. 

Lunch was really delicious today. We had a fabulous salad with blueberries, kiwi, tomatoes, lettuce and hard boiled eggs. It was full of beautiful color and texture and the blue cheese dressing was perfect! We also enjoyed steamed broccoli, and grilled chicken with toast and lemon marmalade. Our meal was topped off with key lime pie and a fine cup of coffee. Is it any wonder that I am so spoiled.

After lunch, Henry and Shane played ball for awhile and then we hopped into our golf cart to tour the fields. I wanted to take a look at Field Three today so we threaded our way through the tall summer weeds in the woods to see it. There is a new bird house in the field. The weeds are tall in the field and they will soon turn to gray and bronze as the season changes. That will be my favorite place in the cold months as well as Fish Prairie. 

It was so hot that Henry needed a water break again, so we headed back to the bucket. Our host found a step for Henry so he can reach the bucket. I decided to let him rest in the shade while I cleaned up our cart. It is so nice that I try to keep it spiffed up when I have free time. It is the nicest cart I have ever used. I'm so grateful for all of the privileges extended to me and Henry by the host and staff at Fair Oaks. 

We headed for my studio after a wonderful day in paradise.  

No comments:

Post a Comment