Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Fair Oaks Mini Residency - October 19

Palms 1

 
The Bell Tower
 
Notes From My Residency Journal
 
 
I had a short day at Fair Oaks, due to my once a month teaching schedule at Oak Hammock Art Studio after lunch.  The morning was beautiful out but I opted to paint in the studio to save time. I enjoyed doing a small study of palms. After I cleaned up my painting mess and stored my paintings in the car, I enjoyed a little walk around the yard. The weather was beautiful but not cold enough yet to chase away the pesky mosquitos who were waiting to pounce.
 
 
The lunch bell rang and I was off like Pavlov's dogs to the cottage. We had marvelous chili dogs, green salad, homemade potato salad and apple pie. What a feast! Shamefully I ate two chili dogs. I just couldn't help myself. They were too good to turn down.
 
 It was soon time to go but I was allowed to ring the bell in the new bell tower before I left. The bell was housed in an ancient country church and the steward of Fair Oaks purchased it for the estate. It was restored to its original glory and the tower was built to house the bell. The project was officially completed early this week. How wonderfully satisfying to see it now. It has a rich deep tone that can be heard for some distance. I am hoping we can have a dedication party in 2015. That is one of the lovely and special elements of Fair Oaks. All projects are done with great skill and finesse leaving a wonderful legacy for those who will come in the future. What an extraordinary place! I am so grateful for my time there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment