Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Mini Residency at Fair Oaks- October 12, 2014


 
Seascape Paintings
 
Notes From My Residency Journal
 
 
Today was pretty hot again, so Henry and I decided to paint in the Fair Oaks Studio this morning. First we worked on the display for the porch of the old house, refreshing it with some fall color.
 
 
 I am working on a rotation of wave and ocean paintings for a few days so I did two small wave paintings. Henry is very content at Fair Oaks, as am I. It is a magical place for us, far from the stress of everyday living. Every Sunday I feel such joy at spending the day there. Definitely something to look forward to each week.
 
 
The lunch bell rang and we were off to join the staff for a feast of grilled chicken with smoked sausage, yellow rice(my favorite), and broccoli cooked to perfection. My kind host topped it off with a lovely cup of coffee, always a treat after a meal.
 
 
Today I used the dog bed in the golf cart for Henry. It is a swell wooden bed that fits on the seat and reaches all the way to the dash board. There is a piece of foam for the mattress and an old towel for a cover. It makes the cart much safer and cozier for dogs. It was Buddy's bed an we feel honored to use it. Henry loves it. He rides in comfort and safety, sitting up high so he can see everywhere. I've always loved having the dogs ride in the cart with me. Sometimes Shaney comes, but most often he enjoys staying very close to his Daddy.
 
 
The fields are tall with weeds and grasses at the end of the hot season. They are amazingly diverse in plants. Today I noticed in the pine tree field a delicate lavender flower growing on razor type leaves, very green. That field tends to be a bog much of a time and I wonder if the plants are semi-aquatic? They definitely are different from the grasses growing in other fields on the estate. Field three is getting full of those pesky Sweetgum trees that grow up in the fields, so it will probably be mowed soon to get rid of them.
 
 
When Henry ran out of steam, we boarded our steed and headed for home after a splendid day in paradise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment