Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Residency at Big Talbot Island- Day 3


Notes From My Residency Journal

Today was quite busy. I started my day at the Ft George Inlet with about 20 painters from the First CoastPlein Air Painters group. I knew two of the painters. I enjoyed meeting several people and enjoyed doing a painting up in the parking lot. It gave me an excellent view of the marshes and palms of the inlet. A most enjoyable morning.

I finished up and headed for the little French cafe again for bacon and eggs with herb potatoes and good coffee. It is the nearest restaurant to my abode, so I will probably eat there for the rest of the week for breakfast. 
Marsh Palms

After breakfast it was beginning to heat up so I opted for another painting back at the house. Luckily, the back yard is shady, and full of lovely tall palms. It is a swell place to paint. I'm waiting for my guest Mary Jane, to arrive tonight. 

Ft George Inlet

Hanging around the parking lot
First Coast painters

No comments:

Post a Comment