Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

Friday, October 24, 2014

Residency at Big Talbot Island- day 5

Afternoon Palms

Ft Clinch Boardwalk
Fishermen with their catch at Ft Clinch State Pa

Notes From My Residency Journal


For some bizarre reason we were up at 5:30 AM today. It is not an hour of the day I am fond of😫 After a cup a Joe, we were off the Ft Clinch State Park. We enjoyed taking some photos and exploring the park. We ran into these two fishermen who asked us to take some photos of them. We gladly obliged. They went through an elaborate staging for their photos. They are evidently in the fishing business, so wanted publicity shots. They were a lot of fun.

After the park, we headed for Fernandina Beach, to check out this quaint town. We toured two art galleries and enjoyed lunch at the 29 Bistro. They had service out on the porch and it was a cool day so we opted for that seating. The service was very good and so was the food. They serve an upscale version of Southern cuisine. I had the roasted pulled pork Cobb salad. It came with fried green tomatoes stuffed with goat cheese, delicious, and corn bread croutons, with a nutty flavored shredded cheese over greens. It was called BBQ pork, but it was roasted pork with a tangy sauce. Very tasty but not true BBQ. True BBQ must be smoked.  Mary Jane had a pork sandwich with napa cabbage slaw. She said it was good. A very good lunch, well served. 

We headed back to the Big Talbot where I did today's painting, while Mary Jane watched the critters on the marshes. We left for our late afternoon drive to study the light and take photos of Little Talbot Iland. The light was glorious indeed. My last day in paradise. I must get back to my town studio tomorrow and will go with gratitude to North Florida Land Trust for a fine week of painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment