Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Vero Beach Residency- Day 3

Banyan Tree
9x12 inches
Oil on panel

Notes From My Residency Journal

Today I visited Ft Pierce, FL just a few miles south of Vero Beach. Ft Pierce appears to be Vero Beach's shabby neighbor. I didn't see much of interest there. All of the art focus seems to be on Bean Backus and the Highwaymen.  There was a museum with his work. The Navy Seal museum was there as well. 

I went to the state park at the Ft Pierce Inlet and enjoyed the large Seagrape trees in the park. The wildlife preserve was closed and under construction, so I made my way back to Vero for breakfast at the Lemon Tree Restaurant. It was equally delicious today. I had poached eggs with grits, crisp bacon and an English muffin. The coffee is excellent there too. 

I took a walking tour of Ocean Drive, and found the Laughing Dog Gallery, very nice for glass and 3 D art. I decided to head over to the 14th St arts district. I found a sweet space run by 6 partners, called the Tiger Lily. The ladies were charming and friendly, making every effort to give me information about the art scene in Vero Beach. I enjoyed a short stroll around but it was chilly and overcast so I headed back to the beautiful condo, provided by my friend Judy, to do the above painting. I am enjoying these new trees I find here in South Florida. 

No comments:

Post a Comment